Subject: Newtek BBS News: LW 4.0 - 20% Slower
From: John DeNicola <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 96 15:30:57 PDT

[Message from NewTek Tech Support BBS]

From: CHUCK                            -To-: MERIGHI
Subj: Re: hiin save problems           Area: LightWave Su

On Mon 22-Apr-1996  7:38 , Merighi wrote:

> the last thing: i found lw4.0 slower than 3.5 about 20%.
> in a couple of italian magazines i read they like lw4.0 because is faster
> than old version. are they wrong or is my package bad?
> regards
>

Lightwave 4.0 is slower by about 20%, on rendering speed.  We changed
Compilers as part of the effort to go multi-platform, and some of the
structural changes in the program have resulted in an amiga version that
performs slower than previous versions.  We are looking at ways to address
this for future versions.

   Chuck
     NewTek

--- From the LightWave mailing list <[email-masked]> --------
--- This message posted by:  John DeNicola <[email-masked]>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- For information, send e-mail to:  [email-masked] --------
--- Message should include the phrase INFO LIGHTWAVE on a line by itself ---